Blog 7: Twitter, Web Design, & Diigo


It's been weird using Twitter for academic purposes. But it has taught me that Twitter is an important hub for current news and dealings in the world and is very accessible. Besides using Twitter for pop culture as a social media outlet, it is a political outlet too. One benefit of using Twitter is the ease of posting whatever you're feeling at the moment. I will say, I only know how to navigate Twitter because I am an ongoing user but I remember when I was first introduced to the social media app, I was very confused on retweeting and quoting and all that it entailed. I would say some of the users that I follow either tweet a lot or not enough.


Working on this assignment was actually interesting. I enjoyed customizing my own web page and seeing what I could put together. It was also interesting seeing my fellow classmates' pages and how they designed theirs. I have realized that like many other things, when you put time into it, it will show for itself, in terms of how extensive a website can be. For future reference, I will know how to create a domain and use the website Weebly to customize web pages. I believe that as a teacher, this will be a great skill to encompass to incorporate in my career. It is easy to update and functional in itself.





Diigo is an interesting website to work with. I will say it has taken me a while to adjust to using it and figuring out where everything is and how to use it. The security of the website is questionable as well.  It is a good tool to use in a setting with a group of people. The digital annotations is an innovative way to edit documents and leave comments. Also, since it is digital,  it can be accessed anywhere with internet and that is efficient in this day and age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5: Web 2.0 Technology Tools

Blog 0: The Beginning

Blog 9: Flipped Classroom, "Open", PowerPoints